Los Furios recorded a new song called "Bad Waters" in December and released it last Friday at The Rickshaw Theatre. It was a super fun show, and I was glad to be back on the stage again for the first time since early December. The crowd was super energetic and never stopped dancing. I also really enjoyed having the chance to hang out before the show with Chris Murray and chat with him during dinner. He had some pretty incredible stories from his travels all over the world.
Los Furios will be playing on Tuesday February 5th at The Savage Beagle in Whistler, and Friday February 8th at Micky's Irish Public House in Coquitlam.
Tuesday, 29 January 2013
Saturday, 19 January 2013
The New Face of No Island
Sunday, 13 January 2013
Thursday, 3 January 2013
+ 2012 in Review
Wow, what an exciting and rewarding year it's been! If my math is correct, in 2012 I played 65 shows (71 if you count playing in 2 bands at the same show) with 8 different groups (9 if you count a solo gig...), and participated in 10 different recording sessions. Jazz, rock, reggae, R&B, punk, Motown, electro-funk (or, something...), and even a bit of choral music were all in the picture. Additionally, I graduated with my music degree, embarked on my very first tour, had 2 EPs released, and taught a ton of lessons and clinics.
Some of my personal musical highlights of 2012 include:
- Playing with all 3 of my rock bands on the same night (at 2 different shows).
- Performing twice with Criminal Caterpillar. It is always an honour and a pleasure playing with bands which I am not a member of.
- My Graduation Recital in the Birch Theatre at Capilano University. Or more specifically, just the fact that I graduated.
- Performing with the Capilano University A Band at The Banff Centre.
- My experiences with Los Furios: recording and releasing an EP, playing the big outdoor stage at the Victoria Ska Fest, being featured on Urban Rush, opening for The English Beat.
- My first ever, self-booked, and entirely successful tour of western Canada with No Island.
- Finding regular and rewarding work as a private music teacher.
- The return of The Ivy League Brawlers at the end of the year, particularly the 2 gigs they shared with Los Furios. Those shows were insane, and they were magic.
- A new digital EP with No Island, our first release since our debut CD.
It's been a great year full of amazing new experiences and awesome times. Here's hoping that 2013 might be even more grand.
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)